Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Update (October 4th, 2009)

Yeah, no this is not nearly as funny as the SNL version, I do these as a brain dump of things that are usually unrelated but need a place holder of some sort.

How to Publish a Magazine in a Day and a Half
Super cool and something I'm going to have to check out soon...

Retouching

I've been busy trying to put together another picture of Elle. The problem is that the encore to "Masterpiece" is a hard act to follow. That being said, I'm working really hard with new PS techniques and also trying to make the pictures pop more than before. Learning new techniques requires research and experimentation which is ultimately just... time. I've put in about 8 hours into the new picture but I'm simply not ready to upload it yet until I can make it... better.

Actually this brings up something that I've been thinking about over the last couple of days and that is, I need to be a better retoucher. I recently stumbled across some incredibly well retouched pictures and it gave me the courage to ask more of myself when retouching. Which is to say, that there's lots of room for improvement. I won't go into the details here as I'm sure I'll devote some time soon to this issue since it's a fairly important one. I will have to credit Elle's Masterpiece picture for the current "breakthrough" as far as pushing the limits are concerned.

Studio Seminars

I've been toying with the idea of putting together studio seminars for the Los Angeles people who follow this blog or my flickr photostream. I wonder if there'd be enough interest to make it worthwhile. I've always liked teaching and it would be a fun way to share the knowledge that I've accumulated and to perhaps allow me to solidify my own knowledge of the art...

No comments:

Post a Comment