Friday, October 23, 2009

Kenna: Form



What can I say that's not already brutally obvious?

Kenna's got form.

The arms, legs, skin tight shirt/dress. The expression. I love this shot. It's probably the first time I've used a crop straight from the camera... all 12.1 megapixels.

Can we be any nerdier? *snort

I almost named this one "desat/resat" because in 20 layers I desaturated the image and then resaturated the image because I felt like I drowned out the skin tones. Also I decided I'd had enough of the desaturated look for the time being and wanted something with more "warmth" which contrasts against the colder light temperature... another juxtaposition.

I have a question. When I blog am I too technical or in laymen's terms too difficult to understand? Am I reaching my target audience? Who is my target audience? I dunno, I suppose you... whoever's reading this. Or me? Maybe I'm just doing this for me.

Camera info: D3/24-70 f/2.8G @66mm, 1/200th, f/7.1, ISO200

Strobist info: This is actually a variation of Bear: Light Fall-off. I used the AB800 with strip softbox pointed directly at the background paper from camera right to feather the light onto Kenna. Then I added a AB800 kicker/rim light with 20 degree grid from camera front right to create highlights. Staying behind the softbox and out of line-of-sight of the kicker light prevented flares from the kicker/rim light but I was not always so careful...

Model: Kenna Cade

Makeup: Kelli Zehnder

Wardrobe: Michelle Green

20 Layers...

No comments:

Post a Comment