Friday, October 23, 2009

Kim: Blonde




I'm good at stating the obvious. I revisited an older picture from Kim's shoot back in the beginning of September. It's only been 7 weeks but it feels like months ago. Also, the flickr fans really like Kim, after all she's got one of the top pictures in my photostream... who am I to deny the masses?

I learned a few things from retouching this picture of Kim.

-You can run actions from the middle of the action. You don't have to start at the beginning. Each action script is a series of actions that can be started at any point.
-Instead of using Normal blend for Gradient Map on a B&W, you can use soft light instead to retain the color and still achieve the increase in contrast.
-Hell you can even do a Soft Light blend on a B&W adjustment layer. I did that for the face and then masked in what I needed and then adjusted opacity for the right "mix".
-In desaturating an image sometimes the face needs some resaturation otherwise it looks washed out. This is the second time I've done this recently. Oh and I put back some of the color in her lingerie as well...

Camera info: D3/85mm f/1.4 @f/8.0, 1/200th, ISO200

Strobist info: 2 AB800 as hairlights and rim lights from upper camera left and right. Main light is an AB800 in 10"x36" strip softbox from camera left. Fill light is an SB-800 in 28" Apollo Westcott softbox from camera right. Setup can be seen below.



Model/wardrobe: Kimberly Fattorini

Makeup: Alyssa Fong

Processing: PS/Lr

No comments:

Post a Comment