Saturday, May 8, 2010

Where I've been...

I've been away from blogging for a while.

So much has changed and yet nothing has changed.

My commitment to producing great pictures is still as strong as ever.

But I'm much deeper in the rabbit hole than I'd ever expected.

When I want to see how I've progressed, all I have to do is look at my "
portfolio". It's really a misnomer because it's really not my "portfolio". To get an idea of what I consider my port, you'd have to visit my website.

Where do I begin?

-Started using set walls in my photography
-Shot a few implied nudity pictures
-Become a faster retoucher
-Explored some different lighting setups
-Went from high-contrast to soft and low-contrast
-Started shooting outdoors and on-location
-Exploring some mix of color/B&W/gradient map
-Worked with some really incredible models
-Got my own studio
-Met some cool people in the industry
-Published some work
-Getting paid gigs

And of course, so much more. I'm really excited about getting back into blogging because there's now so much more that I can share about what I do and how I do it. In fact, sometime in the (hopefully near) future, I'll be holding a workshop that'll hopefully cover my lighting, photography, and retouching techniques.

For now however, I'm just glad that I'm back and blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment