Sunday, August 22, 2010

Paije reel


What can I do with 12+ hours?

This.


There's a larger version on my flickr reel. Actually I have no idea how much time I spent on this. Most of today. Some of Thursday night. I realized a few things as I did this:

1. I'm getting faster at my skin work. I can do this kinda beauty stuff in about an hour now. Significantly faster than the days of 8+ hour retouches.

2. After about the 6th hour (today), my hands start to feel weird. Not exactly uncomfortable. Maybe just tired.

3. I tried to make this image narrower but it was hard. It's simply too wide. What did I expect? There are 7 images here.

4. Getting used to the Hasselblad was a non-issue. Did I check to see if they repaired the scratch on the sensor? Nope. I don't care anymore. I can't stand being apart from the Hassey!

I really like this B&W processing. Love it. It's got everything I love. Darks, highlights, and gradients in the skin tones.

Oh and props to Paije for modeling what was essentially raw fabric. Can't light her wrong. She's got one of gifted faces that just loves light.

I suppose there's more but I can't think of anything right now. I'll add if I think of anything.

3 comments:

  1. so much attention to detail and so consistand, even after 12+ hours. im impressed

    Derrick Warmerdam
    flickr.com/dropkickphoto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Derrick! :) Fortunately it wasn't 12+ hours straight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really quite an epic feat. amazing! the bw skin tones and gradations are perfect.

    Folarin

    ReplyDelete