Tuesday, August 17, 2010

2 month vacation





It's been 2 months since I've seen my H3DII-31. Almost... I sent out the digital back on June 18th. If I depreciated the camera linearly over 2 years (although I'd probably do it logarithmically to do it right) based upon the price I purchased it, in 2 months it has depreciated about $850.

To recap, there was a small scratch on the IR filter on the lens. The camera was sent to Redmond, WA (Hasselblad USA) whereupon it was assessed that it needed to go to Copenhagen, Denmark (Hasselblad headquarters) for sensor repair. In 2 months, my camera has travelled more than 18,000 miles and had quite the European vacation.

During that time I shot exclusively with the D3. The love affair with the D3 was rekindled and I made some amazing images while the H3DII-31 was getting "serviced".

Now that it's back everything changes... exactly what? I'm not sure, but we'll find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment