Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Amy dreams



Amy. H3DII-31/HC-80mm. 1/90th f/2.8 ISO200.

*In the comments section can you please tell me if the above two images have different color casts? i.e. do they look at all different or pretty much identical except for the crop? I'm looking for color profile issue/differences. Thanks!

In testing out the SanDisk 32GB CompactFlash, I snapped a few pics of Amy. I noticed in Photoshop that her eyes reflected a sliver of our backyard. I wonder what she dreams when she's falling asleep...

100% crop of her eyeball.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Charles, the first image appears to have a greenish/yellow cast while the second has an orangish cast.

    I'm viewing them in firefox with color management enabled, on a wide gamut monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the second image has a bit more reddish cast. Personally I like the second more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I agree with both Brian and Calvin on the color casts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bleh. It turns out that when you strip the color profile, the wide gamut monitor goes a little crazy and doesn't know what to do. Which explains the overly saturated colors.

    FWIW, I intended the image to look like the first one ;)

    Thanks for the responses though!

    ReplyDelete