Monday, August 10, 2009

Glamour Treehugger



I have something to say. In fact, as you read this blog you'll probably discover I have lots to say. I figure, why not say it through the images that I create?

The glamour treehugger theme is the first of several social commentaries that I will explore in future photoshoots. This one conveys themes of environmentalism, conservation, and of course glamour. The original question was, "What would a glamour treehugger look like?"

As we sought to answer this question, the obvious components were that treehuggers typically live in trees so we pretty much had to put Christy in a tree. The issue of glamour was easily addressed by Christy's good looks and Alyssa's talent with makeup. For the finishing touches Alyssa took some packaging paper and made a dress out of it. I know. Incredible right? It actually looks like a dress! The great thing about packaging paper is that it's mostly made from recycled material.

More to come, I will process at least one more from this shoot. I'm starting to get backed-up on processing though.

Strobist info: AB800 in a 22" beauty dish (not-gridded) from upper camera left (high). Triggered by Cactus V4.

Camera info: Nikon D3, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G, 1/200th, f/2.8, 31mm

Model: Christy Martinez

Makeup/Wardrobe: Alyssa Fong

No comments:

Post a Comment