Thursday, March 3, 2011

L U C I M A's Las Vegas Estate Fashion/Editorial Workshop 4/16-4/17!!!



Sometimes the stars align and you're offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to shoot at a property valued at over $10 million...

L U C I M A's Las Vegas Estate Fashion/Editorial Workshop

-April 16th-17th (Saturday and Sunday)

-15 photographers (max)

-2 to 3 photographers per 1 agency-represented model (probably 4 to 5 models depending on # photographers).

-Fully-styled.

-In one of the most ridiculously luxurious estates you've ever seen. Fountains. Pool. Towering cathedral-styled ceilings. Private gated-community. Fully furnished. 8 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms. The pictures speak for themselves

-We'll be taking advantage of the ambient lighting indoors and outdoors and creating different lighting sets for each of the unique styled looks. We'll explore the nuances of putting together a fashion/editorial shoot in a thematic location such as this estate. I'll set a full agenda for each day that includes lots of shooting.

-9AM-5PM on each day. Lunch is provided. And since we have the location for 3 days I'm sure we'll hang out a little after each day of the workshop

-With the different styled looks and models, I think a photographer can build his/her entire book during the 2-day workshop. Considering typical model, studio, MUA costs, stylist costs for such a production, I think the cost is well justified

-We'll of course be going over post-processing techniques for fashion/editorial looks.

-$895 for the first 8 photographers that sign up! $1095 thereafter! Payment due in full upon registration. Please pay below or make a check payable to LUCIMA STUDIO and send to:

LUCIMA STUDIO
2620 Concord Ave. STE 120
Alhambra, CA 91803


-Here are the last 2 workshops I did in
February and January!

FAQ:

Q: How far is the estate from the airport?
A: About 6-7 miles

Q: What should I bring?
A: The usual! :) Assorted portrait lenses, camera body, lightmeter, triggers (if you have them but we'll have plenty), lots of SD/CF cards (you'll be doing tons of shooting), and something to take notes on (a laptop might be useful so you can dump cards onto the computer!).

Q: How much does a cab cost?
A: About $20 from the airport but it really depends on where you're staying. I suggest renting a car since it's much more cost-effective and parking at the estate is not an issue!

Q: What if I don't have a lightmeter?
A: While it's not absolutely imperative that you have/bring a lightmeter (you can use the in-camera lightmeter), fashion/editorial often requires that you balance ambient light. The lightmeter allows you to quickly meter a certain ISO, aperture, shutter for any condition. In my work, I often need to drop ambient 1-2 stops to allow my subject to stand out with the help of strobes. The lightmeter allows me to meter angularly different sides of my subjects face and determine how much flash I need to either fill or overpower ambient (as main light). When I get to the camera, I then don't have to take as many test shots chimping to the proper balanced exposure.

This is one of the most critical components of working on-location for fashion/editorial work. Of course having the concept/storyboarding/feeling is first and foremost to determining your settings :)

Q: Will we be shooting nudies?
A: Nope. There are great workshops for that kind of thing but our focus for this location will be shooting fashion/editorial fully-styled :)

Q: Who are the models?
A: So far it's Anneliese from NEXT and Brett from Zuri. I'll update as we go along!

2 comments:

  1. Dude... what _wouldn't_ I do with a location like that. They'd have to pry me out of that place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be your chance... I'm doing a workshop there ;P

    ReplyDelete