Monday, March 7, 2011

Maybe I'm crazy: The Las Vegas Estate Fashion Editorial Workshop

It will take me 6 photographers at $895 just to break even for this workshop.

Maybe I'm crazy? Or maybe even if I break even, it will STILL be an incredible opportunity to take my team on a nice little paid vacation/getaway (for them) to a property valued over $10 million dollars?

I have 2 confirmed models and awaiting responses from 2-3 more. I think ultimately I'm going to just bring more models than I need. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

On a daily basis from now until the day of the workshop, the challenge to fill the workshop will consume me. I think I've built in a ton of value. The models, the incredible makeup artist, the completely styled looks, the editorial/fashion setups, aside from the property itself. In January I charged $695 for my "How to Work with Modeling Agencies" workshop. Comparatively speaking the Las Vegas workshop is $200 more but possesses much more value.

I still maintain that you can build/rebuild your entire portfolio with me in Las Vegas on April 16-17th! That's what I call a value-proposition!

The challenges exist. My demographic/target market has changed. At $895 it's a bit out of reach for most fashion photographers. It's really up into the wedding photographer range. Sadly the wedding guys make more and therefore I have to figure out how to make this event known to that market. I'll still market to the fashion guys but I just don't see as many fashion guys ponying up the cash to fly, stay, then come to the workshop. Flights on that weekend are particularly expensive. I'm guessing it's because people want to celebrate the end of tax season. So it's going to be interesting to see how many photographers we get to the workshop.

Regardless though, it'll be an adventure of a lifetime. I don't care if 1 or 15 photographers show up. It's going to be epic no matter what! Hell, if only 1 photographer shows up, I guess I'll be doing a TON of shooting! :P

1 comment:

  1. Thank you photo sharing your working day Lucima. :)

    Nice language, easy readable, as always.

    ReplyDelete