Saturday, December 26, 2009

Jaclynn: In black



Second image in the Jaclynn collection. This is actually a shot from the third set that we did. I purposely skipped the second set for now. Had a hard time getting this shot because Jaclynn didn't like the original lighting we used. But we tried various angles until we wound up with butterfly lighting which she did like. The spill onto the background provided a nice little spotlight effect. I believe the background was white. Jaclynn was standing some 10 feet or more in front of the paper.

Post-processing was straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary except that instead of using a gradient map with colors, I opted for a color balance that introduced purples and blues for a cooler effect.

I ought to talk about the skin treatment that I've been using. I lightly addressed it in a post back in December but I never fully explained it. At this point, I'm not sure I will but it's really no surprise that I'm bringing out the texture of the skin and pores. That being said, it should come as no surprise that I'm using high pass sharpening to bring out those finer details. That's it. There really isn't any magic to what I do ;)

Camera info: D3/24-70mm f/2.8G @70mm, 1/125th, f/11, ISO200

Strobist: Butterfly lighting from the front via 18-20" beauty dish (with silver-lining) in large wattage pack strobe from behind the camera slightly high. Second strobe from camera front right in grid for higlights.

Model/Wardrobe: Jaclynn Joseph

Makeup: Isabella

Studio: Winson's studio in Shi-Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment