Friday, May 27, 2011

You know you're good-looking when...



Yeah, I'm breaking my cardinal rule about this being a "talking blog" but it's my blog, I'll do what I want.

I had the opportunity to shoot Raina Hein again and Raina is without a doubt one of the most beautiful models I have ever shot. How good-looking you ask? Well, so good-looking that I thought I'd put together a "You know you're good-looking when..." list:

1. You know you're good-looking when all you need is some hair and lips in the frame and the image is stunning. See bottom-right above.

2. You know you're good-looking when you alter the retoucher's workflow in post-processing. True story, I didn't even bother copying the background layer in Photoshop for the 10 images I retouched of Raina for this set. For nearly all of these images my D&B/healing brush/clone stamp never touched her face.

3. You know you're good-looking when you make everyone around you look like a monkey. The story behind this actually stems from my lunch experience with Raina. Our team was too big to sit at 1 table, so we created 2 tables of 4 people. I sat facing Raina but at another table. And because we were at separate tables, I would momentarily forget that she was eating lunch with us. And as I would glance around the area, my eyes would lock onto her face and suddenly I'd be stunned... all over again... and I thought to myself, "Whoa, who is that girl? She's breathtaking..." only to realize that I came to lunch with her literally 10 minutes ago :)

Well there you have it. A short-list of things I discovered on my most recent shoot with Raina ;)

1 comment:

  1. She is by far my favorite model from US ANTM. She should have won... She seriously is flawless.

    ReplyDelete